Saturday 11 July 2015

Fantastic Falcon

Found out late as usual for me that a Red Footed Falcon had appeared on my door step to some extent within the majestic city of Stoke-on-Trent.
Looking on the map on the rare bird area of the Bird Forum it appeared to be at Chatterley Sidings near Genesis Park which I knew quite well after photographing class 350's on test there.
But it turned out it was actually at Chatterley Whitfield which to some extent no where near where the map had it, bugger!
With the light starting to fade off Gem and me headed and we eventually found the spot after a couple of wrong turns.
The bird was showing really well and at least I didn't have to push a pushchair over fields and across styles to see this one unlike the Willington bird and it was much closer. We watched the bird for about 30 minutes before heading home.






No comments:

Post a Comment