Thursday 6 December 2012

September Catch Up Time

Well what feels like years not months I thought I had best to write a few words and try to get things back up to date. I will give a month by month up date starting with September.

Up to recently not too much birding has been done although the odd mission  has taken place, but my success rate has dropped off quite shapely. Thinking of changing my alias to Dipper rather than Gronk.

Back in September (yes its been that long since I wrote anything) I was successfully not seeing the Semipalmated Sandpiper over the boarder in Cheshire although it was a nice spot that I was pointed in the direction of (as per usual the bird had done a bunk by the weekend when I could go), manged to pick up a few year ticks in the shape of Grey Plover, Knot, Curlew Sandpiper and Sandling. One ting was sure it wasn't half windy there.




The weekend after we were back on the Wirral this time heading for Burton Mere, no real target just somewhere to spend a pleasant family day out. Good number of birds were seen around the reserve, the visitor centre is a love it or hate it place, not helped with people taking up camp there all day so taking over the place rather than letting new arrivals a chance to see whats on offer, so you tend to be looking over peoples shoulders all of the time. From the hide which faces over Io Inner Marsh it's sister reserve we manged to watch a Grey Heron in the process of catching a fish always a pleasure to watch.




























No comments:

Post a Comment