Saturday 1 March 2014

Brummie Bash

Today I took Gem out for the morning doing a small tour of the West Mids.

We started off at the delightful location of Hams Hall industrial estate at Colwitch we were here to try and find the Leaf Warbler although we didn't manage to see the target we bird we did see quite a few Chiffchaff which were in full song and combined with sun made it feel quite Spring like. Also noted we're Grey and Pied Wagtails.

We then headed off to a bird I was more confident at being able to find the Longtailed Duck which was at Sutton Park, pulling up in the car park I soon found the bird in the middle of the lake.



Long tailed Duck Sutton Park




It was then a case of making our way home although I made a quick pit stop at Bescot to allow me to grab a few shots of the shutters there including the newly turned out 08907 in DB colours.



08907 stabled on Bescot depot

08580 and 709 stored at Bescot




No comments:

Post a Comment