Saturday 26 February 2011

Let It Snow


This blog has nothing to do with the weather what so ever.
As today I was on the hunt for Snow Bunting on Friday I found out about a couple of Snow Bunting that had been showing well recently at a place called Kinmel Bay (never heard of the place before), but some chaps from North Wales Bird forum pointed me in the right direction.
Soon after parking up I had already bagged Sky Lark, Sandling, Dunlin, Redshank and Oystercatcher. Down by the viewing patform and logs where I had been informed to hunt around there was a small group of Linnets to be had but no Snow Bunting was thinking all was lost until another couple of birds also looking for them turned up.
Soon after bingo! a pair were seen just by the dunes but never stayed in one spot too long, can't blame it was too cold to stand still for any length of time.

Managed to get a couple of shots of the little beauties




On the way back to the car I had a possible pair of Red Throated Divers out to sea.
It was then on to Rhos to try my luck at another bird on my photo wish list Purple Sandpiper, on getting there the tide was out so there was to be no joy there. But did pick up Turnstone.










No comments:

Post a Comment