Sunday 12 January 2014

In the Buff

We headed along to Burton Marsh and Burton Mere today for a day out, the first port of call being Burton Marsh for the long staying Buff Bellied Pipit, as we turned up there were quite a few parked cars and we could gauge by the crowds where we needed to look.
Soon enough we had located our target and were enjoying nice close views of this Pipit, with the odd Stonechat thrown in for good measure.

Stonechat Burton Marsh

Buff Bellied Pipit Burton Marsh

Stonechat Burton Marsh


After going to turn the car around at the end of the lane I decided on a try at photographing a few Meadow Pipits for comparison but these flew off leaving just holding my camera. Something then moved on the fence I had forgotten about the reports of the Siberian Chiffchaff and there it was right in front of me.

Siberian Chiffchaff at Burton Marsh


The cold was starting to get to us and Gem so it was off to Burton Mere for a warm and look around.
Well I missed out on the Short Eared Owl but I did bag the Little Stint alongside a support cast of Wigeon, Teal, Black Tailed Godwit, Dulin, Lapwing, Snipe, Siskin and Little Egret.

Snipe at Burton Mere


Before heading home we went down for one last look at the Buff Bellied Pipit it was soon found which was easier than finding somewhere to park. I finally got my comparison shot of a Meadow Pipit as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment