Sunday 19 January 2014

Titesworth Reservoir

I finally manged to pop along to Titesworth reservoir having waited all week with fingers crossed that the Lesser Scaup would hang around, couldn't go yesterday as I had said I would go off to Donny to do a spot of gricing.
So on a nice a sunny winters day Gem and me headed off to bag this lifer (2 in 2 weeks can't be bad).

The Lesser Scaup was showing but at some distance being on the far side hanging around with a few Tufted Ducks, but at least I was getting some good views.

I eventually walked down to the causeway and my luck was in as the Lesser Scaup had swam down to being much closer to the causeway allowing me to grab a few shots.


Lesser Scaup at Titesworth Reservoir




Other birds on view were Brambling and Redpoll on the feeders by the first car park and a Common Gull on the lake.


No comments:

Post a Comment